Well, great. The COVID vaccine still won’t be available for everyone for a bit, and for society to return to normal, we need to achieve herd (60-70% of the global population’s) immunity. You may be wondering how much longer your business needs to suffer isolation. In truth, we can help it thrive instead. This extended downtime may be precisely what you need to prepare for the busy, in-person professional life most of us long for.
Design a Practical Daily Routine, and Start it Now
A productive workday starts with a productive lifestyle:
- This starts from the moment you wake up. If you get in the habit of getting up in time for work now, it should be easier for you when it’s time to go back. In the meantime, it allows for more prep time in the morning.
- The sweats had their time, but experts suggest that employees are more motivated for Zoom meetings if they dress for success. Dress in what you would wear to your occupation, and see how much you get done at home. You’ll likely be impressed.
- You will do your best work if you feel your best; what more constructive way is there to achieve this than working out? To stick to it, make sure to start slow; choose a convenient time to exercise.
- A healthy diet also prepares you to be the best version of yourself. Try eating intuitively. You could slowly start cutting out foods you want to avoid until you are comfortable in your nutrition plan.
- As cliche as it may seem, it is essential to go to bed on time to get 7-8 hours of sleep. Start doing that now to get into a sleep schedule that fits well with commuting back to the office. Need help falling asleep? Avoid caffeine at least six hours before bed. Food before bed sets off sleep patterns as well.
Make the Transition Back as Easy as Possible for your Employees
Let’s be real, you and your employees are going to want some convenience to look forward to once the in-person workdays commence:
- First things first, make sure to keep your employees in the loop. They are going to want to feel up-to-speed and well-prepared for their first day back, which is entirely achievable through GetAssist’s free Employee Engagement app. It offers a shared calendar as well as instant messaging for professional planning and personal connection. The business membership includes a convenient project log that breaks down tasks and expenses.
- Be understanding. Everyone may feel a little rusty; in fact, some may be dealing with loss related to the pandemic or any other events during the hiatus. Being mindful of that will help coworkers feel more comfortable in your work environment.
- Recognize your heroes. Has anyone else contributed to keeping the company alive during the virus? They deserve that praise while you move forward. Giving your employees a sense of purpose will help them feel more driven to hustle.
- Another way to make the return seem more exciting is to create new rituals. You and your agents can discuss these over GetAssist’s video calls.
- If you’re looking to hire more members, the business membership offers job postings.
- To add to your team’s convenience, take advantage of the membership’s invoice features: discounts, breaking down of costs, and the ability to send them directly to your clients’ emails. This way, nobody has to deal with clients who claim they haven’t received their bill.
Market, Market, Market!
Make your company more visible to your audience:
- In today’s business world, you should be more active on social media to gain online publicity. GetAssist makes this easier through networking and e-vites. We also offer five new leads FREE when you sign up.
- Don’t forget about the customers you already have, though. Assure them that your business is still up and running during the pandemic; otherwise, they may stop collaborating with you from assuming otherwise.
Take It Virtual
- If you haven’t already, offer and advertise virtual services. If you can do anything unique for your clients, they will appreciate that so much more during such a limited business era. It’s feasible, too, because GetAssist services are touchless and digital.
- A GetAssist Business Membership gives you all the tools to run your business virtually, from booking, invoicing, document sharing, and video meetings with chat! For in-person required services, we still make possible efforts to stay as touchless as possible.
Your routine, communication, and media presence are now in your toolbox to fix the damper the pandemic put on your business. The time to start putting these into practice is now before it’s mandatory to get back to the grind. Plan and Connect With Purpose, and get back out there!