The combination of Winter weather and overuse during the holidays is usually a cause for untimely breakdowns of functional parts of your home. December is too busy of a month to drop everything and try your own handiwork. Imagine how nice it would be to get budget-friendly assistance at the press of a button!
Fortunately, if you live in Canada or the U.S., you can hit the GetAssist’s REQUEST button above, on our website, or app for a local business to perform any repair or replacement.
How the Holidays Can Go Wrong
It’s convenient to have local help because a lot of essential objects in your home are vulnerable in December. Be on the lookout for these things:
- Garbage disposals are vulnerable during the holidays because of overuse and cold temperatures.
- Toilets often break down because the tanks freeze up.
- Sometimes, you don’t notice a broken windowpane until you feel the harsh draft when it’s cold out.
- You don’t want unsightly walls when guests are over, but paint peels when it gets cold.
- Washing machines in uninsulated rooms are also prone to breakdown in cool weather.
- Winter’s low humidity levels can cause the burners on your stove to weaken or flame up.
- Boilers lose function when they lose pressure, have a faulty pipe, or a worn ignition burner.
- Ice dams lead to clogged gutters.
- When ice expands, your pipes may burst.
- Snow’s moisture on your exterior can cause wood rot, which is inviting to termites.
- Fluctuating temperatures can crack vinyl siding and chimneys.
- Excessive shoveling can chip your front steps.
- Moisture from snow and utilities can encourage mold growth on your roof, attic, and walls.
- Harsh winter winds, ice, and temperature can damage your shingles in various ways.
- The hose in the sump pump can freeze and cause flooding.
- Dry air can crack your plaster walls.
MAKE A FREE REQUEST on the GetAssist Business Directory when trouble arises. Solve your problem with the click of a button and get back to enjoying the holiday season.