There’s a constructive way to celebrate the new year with your employees, and that is collaborating on resolutions for the workplace. We have recommendations for what some of those goals can be and a Business Membership with features that make it easier to complete them.
When you open a discussion with your employees about professional goals for the next year, you have the opportunity to learn about your team’s struggles, offer appreciation toward them, renew a sense of motivation, and communicate your organization’s values.
Ten Resolutions For Your Office
Here are ten ideas when it comes to forming resolutions with your coworkers and how GetAssist’s business tools can help:
1. Amp up your environment. Your office contributes to your employees’ happiness, collaboration, and productivity. Consider repainting your workspace and adding artwork or plants.
2. Strengthen talent. Outback Team Building states, “Colleagues, career advancement, and competitive salaries are all important in retaining and attracting top talent in your industry. But changes to these circumstances aren’t always possible.” Instead, introduce a new company perk.
Some examples of bonuses your employees can use throughout the year are:
- A fitness fund
- Five personal days
- A day spent volunteering instead of in the office
- Paid for opportunities to get out of your comfort zone, like dance lessons or bungee jumping
Your employees can vote on their favorite ideas on the poll feature within your company’s private community on GetAssist.
3. Give your employees a voice. A simple tactic would be to offer regular surveys with straightforward questions about your company. You may ask what your team wants to see change and what aspects they want to keep. Allow for anonymous responses. Share your survey answers through group video or text private messaging, or document sharing within your organization’s private community on GetAssist.
4. Improve your performance management system. Check-in with your employees regularly. Have leaders and colleagues in your company offer support to the team. It would be wise to provide a template that people can fill out about their roles, so they have clear expectations of their performance in writing. Upload the documents to your GetAssist community for everyone to see, or password protect those that are on a “need to know” status.
5. Encourage professional development. The best method is to offer your team learning and development programs. These programs may include:
- Emotional intelligence
- Conflict resolution
- Coaching fundamentals
- Practical time management
- Clear communication
6. Optimize your hybrid work model. Consider investing in technology upgrades, reconfiguring the office, and offering more flexible scheduling. MAKE A FREE LOCAL REQUEST on GetAssist if you need help rearranging your office.
7. Enhance your remote work infrastructure. Provide your remote staff with secure VPNs, high-quality communication equipment, and collaborative software tools. GetAssist’s private communities allow excellent communication with shared calendars, documents, and video calls that are all secure.
8. Focus on mental health and wellbeing. Recognize your work environment’s challenges and initiate healthier practices for your employees.
9. Set diversity and inclusion goals. Strengthen your initiatives that ensure company culture and hiring practices are inclusive.
10. Enhance your company’s culture. If you haven’t already, you may want to include hybrid and remote employees. Host social events where your employees can get to know each other or form a social committee. You can update your team on events with your shared calendar in your business’ community on GetAssist!
To succeed at your resolutions, spread your goals throughout the year and set deadlines, communicate your plans to your team so they won’t feel let down.
Sign up for GetAssist’s Business Membership and use the online tools to take your organization to the next level. Create professional resolutions that will boost morale and productivity.
Happy New Year!