Those Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year parties are right around the corner, and it’s time to get festive. Worried the pandemic is putting the season to waste? Nonsense. Here are some virtual ways to collaborate with nonprofits, enjoy those family dinners, as well as, connect with cheer with some easy and fun party ideas!
Quarantine won’t stop you from serving the less fortunate. Check out these remote ways:
- Nonprofits can plan, invite, and execute virtual fundraisers with FREE public communities on GetAssist. Watch the video below to learn more!
- Every 30 to 60 minutes post a picture or video story in our community about the people you have helped, are trying to help, or why the challenges they face exist.
- Encourage participants to share your posts in real-time.
- Be sure to include a link where people can donate with each post, and how the money will be used
- Post updates on funds raised throughout the virtual event
- As an individual or family, you can still do your part. Search for local charitable organizations in the GetAssist Community Network to learn about the needs they are trying to meet around you, share their posts in your own communities to spread the word!.
- Use these websites to find other ways to give back and share what you found with other like-minded people in your communities on GetAssist.
Let the family meals commence this year; here is how:
- Just because you have to stay home for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner doesn’t mean you have to skip out on your favorite dish. On Get Assist you can find and share recipes.
- Plan on sharing senses during the event, whether this is by creating a playlist to share or using the same fragrances in your households.
- Perhaps you’re unable to make the annual visit to your loved ones, but the next best thing is to video chat with them on GetAssist. It is safe during COVID 19; plus you still get to catch up with the people you value.
- Instead of bringing food to a physical table, you can all bring something meaningful to say or show. Everyone could broadcast what they are grateful for, tell a festive story, or a toast.
Whatever you choose to do TOGETHER, whether it be family dinners or gift exchanges, organize the details and share the memories in a FREE private family community on GetAssist. Be sure to get EVERYONE involved – here’s how.
The following suggestions will fill the void of annual traditions and your virtual parties with cheer:
- The theatre is a huge part of the holiday culture. Recently, actors have been participating in the fine arts over sites such as Zoom, Facebook Live, and GetAssist chat. You could even make your own short film with your family to send to others. The proceeds from streaming productions could go to a holiday charity.
- There are a plethora of Christmas movies to watch, and yes, you can do so virtually over GetAssist, Netflix Party, Discord, Gaze, and more.
- Secret Santa is still on. Send each other gifts using this name generator. Organize the rules of the game in a private friends or family community on GetAssist.
- Some party games are perfect for video chat: charades, holiday trivia, and the naughty list game, or a Christmas variation of Never Have I Ever with a list you collaborated on ahead of time.
- You can send gingerbread house kits to all of your friends and show them off with photos and over video chat in your private party community on GetAssist.
- Lastly, have a virtual happy hour as you ring in the New Year with friends over video chat.
No matter the event or party, GetAssist’s community shared calendars make it easy to schedule and plan!
We hope these tips will not only save your holiday season but add to your traditions as you connect with purpose in 2020. Join GetAssist now!