Family cheering

What Help to Hire for a Productive New Year

hire help on GetAssist to have quality time for your family

Happy New Year! Now that you’ve had a chance to relax and celebrate a bit, are you ready to dive back into productivity? January tends to be a month filled with newfangled goals as you embark on fulfilling your resolutions or simply adjusting old habits. As you reflect on the past year, can you think of some areas in your life that you could use assistance with? The answer is likely “yes”, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that! We all need a helping hand sometimes. Likewise, we could all use more time to focus on the things that light our personal fires.

Read more

Whole Kitchen Finish

Kitchen Design Trends For 2019

kitchen trends for 2019

Kitchens have far more than just a functional purpose. Oftentimes they represent the atmosphere of our entire home and tend to exude togetherness, contentment, and comfort. As you think ahead for your next kitchen revamp project, be sure to keep these exciting and refreshing trends in mind. As always, GetAssist is here to help with any of your needs!

Read more

hockey team app

Using the GetAssist App for Ice Hockey Season

It’s December and we all know what that means… HOCKEY SEASON! Whether you play on a hockey team, coach/manage a hockey team, or have a child or spouse that plays on a hockey team, the GetAssist Virtual Locker Room app has your back! Don’t stress the details – we’ll provide you with the necessary tools to have an incredible season.

Read more

feed the hungry

Feeding The Hungry In Your Community

Did you know? 1 in 8 households in Canada is food insecure, amounting to over 4 million Canadians (including 1.15 million children) living in homes that struggle to put food on the table. This is according to PROOF, a food insecurity research team based in Toronto. Now knowing these disconcerting statistics, you’re likely wondering how you can help families in your own community that are struggling with food insecurity. You can start by using the GetAssist app to find and discuss opportunities and present ideas of your own.

Whether you’d like to help remedy hunger in your community immediately or would prefer brainstorming ways to assist for the long haul, be sure to take the following ideas into consideration, and most importantly, take action!

Read more

GetAssist Celebrates Two Anniversaries In October

GetAssist AnniversariesCanada’s Private Social Network Celebrates Third Anniversary in Calgary & First in Mississauga!
GetAssist Inc. opened its doors in Calgary October 26th, 2015 and the rest is history. GetAssist has been setting up offices across Canada ever since.

Last year, GetAssist began serving the Mississauga, Ontario community.

Located at 5780 Timberlea Blvd #106, Mississauga, ON L4W 4W8 the office provides brick and mortar support to local GetAssist users and businesses.

“GetAssist answers the question of ‘What’s in it for me?’” CEO Bruce Fikowski said. “For perhaps the first time ever, GetAssist creates a nexus where small businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals connect for a purposeful online social experience.”

GetAssist works through businesses purchasing memberships for a nominal fee to gain access to the network and narrowly tailored sales leads. The network remains completely free and 100 percent private to social users, who remain anonymous to the point of sale.

In addition to Mississauga, GetAssist serves Vaughan, Scarborough, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.

This year GetAssist opened its first Network Centre in Winnipeg, MN.

We are looking forward to many more anniversaries to be shared with communities all across Canada and beyond!

Broadway Neighbourhood Centre

GetAssist Issues Fundraising Challenge for Wednesday’s BNC Fundraiser

Broadway Neighbourhood CentreWinnipeg, Manitoba – Bruce Fikowski, CEO of Get Assist, Inc., offered a friendly fundraising challenge to his fellow Winnipeg business professionals to meet or exceed his $1,000 donation to the Broadway Neighborhood Centre (BNC) on Wednesday.

“Fundraising for worthwhile causes remains part and parcel of strong and healthy communities,” Fikowski said. “We are working at our level best to ensure that we support Winnipeg as much as it supports us.”

The BNC will hold a dawn to dusk fundraiser on Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2018 to raise a minimum $20,000 to fund its free youth programming. The BNC promotes healthy lifestyles, positive change, respect and building communities.

Read more

GetAssist app

Consolidate & Take Control Of Your Social Media With One App

GetAssist appWith headlines in the news like:

‘Facebook Decides What’s Best For You’

‘Facebook Knows You Better Than Mom, So Can Anyone Else’

‘Twitter Showing More Of Some Kinds Of Tweets, Less Of Others’

‘YouTube Blocks Keywords That Might Not Be PC’

…it has left many people frustrated, losing interest, losing their voice and wondering, isn’t there something else out there?

Read more

Snow Day Survival Guide

How to Rock Snow Day: 10 Activities the Kids Will Love

Snow Day Survival GuideWe’ve all gone to bed with the roads clear and dry, only to wake up to find that Mother Nature had a busy night. The driveway, which you shoveled last night, is now hard to distinguish from your lawn. It’s no surprise to learn that your area has a list of school closures for the day, including the one your children attend. Before the kids awake to celebrate the most jubilant of discoveries, a snow day, you can be armed with a few activities to keep the “I’m bored.” and “I told you not to touch that!” at bay.

Read more

4 Steps to the Perfect Fall Family Photo Session

Fall Photo Session
Fall is the perfect time of year to take family photos—the climate is cooling, the leaves are changing and the time to get holiday cards printed is shrinking! Pinterest and Instagram are full of unbelievable family photos that seem too good to be true—newborns sleeping so soundly on a picnic basket you wonder what mom is ever lucky enough to get that baby, and toddlers carving intricate designs into pumpkins without a hint of orange goo anywhere on their crisp white dress shirts. How could your crazy messy family photos stand up to those perfect families you see on social media? Here are 4 tips to help you pull it together and give those families a run for their money.

Read more

Are You Losing Touch With Your Teenagers? Get Them Back With GetAssist!

come together with your teenagers on a GetAssist family community

One family’s story of how a GetAssist Social Membership brought them together.

I am a mom to six kids, 4 of whom are teenagers, teenage girls to be exact. Teenage girls don’t particularly love sharing with their mothers every detail of their lives, let alone their plans. At the beginning of this summer, life had become busy, as in crazy busy. My twins both started their first job, but never worked the same hours. My oldest had driver’s training and is a social butterfly. New regular doctor’s appointments became necessary for one. And another had rec softball. Never mind the fact that I run a business full-time out of my home! I needed to do something to stay in touch with my crew and keep all the balls of our crazy existence in the air.

Read more