The holiday season is practically hustling time for nonprofits. With all of the philanthropy and volunteer traction, it’s crucial to stay organized. An ideal way is to start a GetAssist community, where local donors can find you, and you can access practical tools to enhance your fundraiser.
Fundraising Ideas That Work For the Holidays
If you’re looking for fast ways to raise money, consider these suggestions:
- Host a food or clothing drive. You could also accept toy donations and donations for your organization’s other philanthropic efforts, as holidays with gifting and feasts are nye.
- Organize a virtual walkathon or road race. Have your members walk or run on their street and send in their times. When the weather does not permit outdoor activities this time of year in your region, participants can instead count steps in the local mall or school gym. While promoting the event, crowdfund for donations online.
- Throw a talent show or put on an Old-Fashioned Christmas pageant; tickets can go toward the charities of your choice.
- Give donors incentives with a digital auction or a travel raffle.
These GetAssist Features Make Communication Convenient
Nonprofits enjoy GetAssist communities for FREE. Create one for your organization. Then, whether you’re contacting volunteers or employees, utilize these tools for an uncomplicated event:
- Private Messaging. With public and private messaging within communities, donors can receive reassurance that their money is going to the right place.
- Calendar Syncing. Event leaders can sync your digital calendars so that the whole community can be on the same page for timing and locations.
- Video Calling. All volunteers have to do is call into a remote charity event! Furthermore, you can choose to plan for informal meetings to be from home.
- Event Invitations. Invite volunteers, participants, and attendees using the Event option in the Discussions column of your organization’s community on GetAssist. Input all the details about the event: date, time, location, and what they need to know. Then, send out invites to members within your community or anyone you want to be there by email!
Nonprofits Are For Everyone
To find a nonprofit that you can volunteer at, simply search GetAssist’s Community Network in your area. Organizations that serve underprivileged neighbors could desperately use the help of volunteers of any age. As a family, group of friends, or individual, you can find a wide variety of opportunities, both in-person and remote. Your charitable spirit doesn’t even have to leave your home!
Those with business skills often find themselves in essential behind-the-scenes positions. For example, your professional experience could be the ticket to marketing, board, committee, and strategizing-type activities.
Thanks to assistance from GetAssist social and business community memberships, hungry families will be thankful for goods and services that YOUR nonprofit helped provide. Add extra meaning to this season by making an impact on the less fortunate where you live.