The General Data Protection Regulation goes into effect on May 25, 2018, to give EU residents rights over how their personal data is processed or used. Individuals, companies or businesses providing services to EU residents need to comply with this law. GetAssist would like you to know how we adhere to this law for EU citizens, and for us really; it’s easy, here’s why…
GetAssist does not collect, share or sell your personal data.
Rights The GDPR Provide To EU Residents
The rights of an EU resident under the GDPR, and how you can exercise those rights with respect to GetAssist, are:
- Right of access: You, can ask us what personal data is being processed (used), why and where. As a social member, the only personal information we require from you and retain is your name, and email address. We don’t share that with anyone. Your data as specified above isn’t used for ads, because there are no ads in a social membership of GetAssist. If you are a business member, we retain your address and business services that you provide. Your payment information is hosted by a third party and we do not have or give access to it.
- Right to rectification: If you want to correct, revise or remove any of the data we retain on you, you may do so at any time, just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to erasure: If you need to cancel your GetAssist account at any time, we will permanently remove your account and all information associated with it if that is your desire.
- Right to restrict processing: If you believe your personal data is inaccurate or collected unlawfully, you may request that it be removed.
- Right of portability: We don’t keep any data about you other than indicated above. However, if you would like to delete it or move it to a third party, that is your right and we will assist you in doing so.
- Right to object: If you decide that you no longer wish to allow your data collected by us as indicated above to be included in our analytics, you may contact us to request removal of this data.
Your trust is important to us. We hope that this explanation how we comply with the GDPR has helped to assure you your data is safe with us. Here is our CEO, Bruce Fikowski talking to Danielle Smith from Global News Radio about how GetAssist works as the purposeful social media network that does not collect, sell or share your data and all without ads!