June is a good month to enjoy the open road, road trip anyone? But do you know when it’s time to bring in your car for a checkup? Routine vehicle maintenance is vital to keeping you on the road and getting you where you want to be. Now more than ever, making sure your automobile is running efficiently is essential. That’s why we’ve put together this handy guide for you!
The most important things to remember are the basics: keep an eye on fluid levels, tire pressure, and any warning lights on your dashboard. But in addition, there are regular mileage intervals where it’s recommended to visit a mechanic.
Every 3,000 to 7,000 Miles
- Replace oil and oil filter
- Check air filter
- Inspect fluid levels—transmission, coolant, power steering, windshield washer, etc.
- Inspect tires, lights, and wiper blades
Every 15,000 to 30,000 Miles
- Replace the air filter
- Inspect the battery
- Replace fuel filter
- Replace power steering fluid
- Inspect radiator hoses, HVAC system, brake pads, and suspension
Every 35,000 to 50,000 Miles
- Replace the battery
- Replace spark plugs and spark plug wires
- Inspect ignition system and suspension
Every 60,000 Miles
- Replace brake pads and brake fluid
- Replace radiator hoses, coolant, power steering fluid, and timing belt.
- Inspect the HVAC, suspension components, and tires.
You should also consult your owner’s manual for maintenance requirements specific to your vehicle. And in case you lost it, check out this detailed auto maintenance guide for specific vehicles.
GetAssist makes it easier to take care of your vehicle and connect with repair shops in your area. Make a Request at the top of this page or on our Business Directory for a local car mechanic or a mobile oil change!